Back to Books
The Swindle Series for kids by Gordon Korman is comprised of three books; Swindle, Zoobreak, and Framed! The books are action packed with fantastic adventures, interesting mysteries, and good plot lines. The series is popular with middle school kids.
The Swindle series tells the adventures of sixth grade kid Griffin Bing. In the first book Griffin finds a Babe Ruth Baseball card, however S. Wendell Palomino, also known as Swindle, tricks him out of the card. Griffin and his friend Ben decide to get the card back at all costs because they need the money so Griffin won't have to move. They get a team of sixth grade friends with various skills together to get the card back.
In the second book, Zoobreak, Griffin and Ben again assemble a team to help their friend Savannah get her pet monkey back from the evil zookeeper Mr. Nastease. In the third book Griffin gets framed for stealing a Super Bowl ring at the middle school. A super strict principal, Dr. Egan, won't believe him and automatically suspects Griffin of stealing and being up to no good.
In each book, Griffin must rely on his friends to help him overcome some adult who is trying to trick him or just doesn't believe him. The books are action packed and fun.
Major Characters in the Swindle Series
- Griffin Bing - The main character in the series, Griffin has to prove his honesty time and time again. He is a sixth grader who doesn't want to move from his best friend Ben.
- Ben Slovak - Griffin's best friend. Ben helps Griffin through all his adventures.
- S. Wendell Palomino - Also known as Swindle from the first book, this is the guy who tries to trick Griffin out of the Babe Ruth Card.
- Darren Vader - Griffin's main nemesis, Darren tries to blackmail and frame Griffin whenever possible.
- Savannah - In the second book, Zoobreak, her pet monkey Cleo is stolen. Griffin and Ben try to help her get it back. She has a Great Dane dog named Luther.
- Mr. Nastease - The bad guy in the second book. He's a zookeeper who steals peoples pets.
- Dr. Egan - The middle school principal in the third book. He's super strict and doesn't like or believe Griffin.
- Swindle (2008)
- Zoobreak (2009)
- Framed! (2010)
If you liked the Swindle Series, you may also like:
- The 39 Clues Series
- No More Dead Dogs or Schooled by Gordon Korman
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
Back to Books
More Book Series: