Parents and Teachers
: Support Ducksters by following us on
Biographies for Kids
Below we have included the biographies of some of the most powerful and influential leaders in world history.
Alexander the Great
- Greek leader who conquered western Asia and northeast Africa.
- The first Emperor of Rome.
- French military leader who became Emperor of the French.
- Leader of the Soviet Union during much of the Cold War.
- Dictator of Rome who helped bring about the end of the Roman Republic.
- Cuban revolutionary and longtime leader of the Cuban government.
- King of the Franks and the Holy Roman Emperor.
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom during World War II.
- The last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
Constantine the Great
- Roman emperor who converted to Christianity..
Cyrus the Great
- King and founder of the Persian Empire.
- Leader of the Confederacy during the Civil War.
Queen Elizabeth I
- Queen of England for 44 years.
- One of the most powerful and successful pharaohs of Ancient Egypt.
- Founder of the Mongol Empire.
- King of Babylon who established a written code of laws.
- Last leader of the Soviet Union.
- Leader of Nazi Germany during World War II.
King Henry VIII
- King of England famous for marrying six times.
- Third President of the US who wrote the Declaration of Independence.
Joan of Arc
- Led the French during the Hundred Years War while still a teenager.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Civil rights leader who brought change through non-violent protest.
- Mongol Emperor who established the Yuan Dynasty of China.
- Communist revolutionary who helped found the Soviet Union.
- President of the United States during the American Civil War.
Tsar Nicholas II
- The last Tsar of Russia.
- Dictator of Italy during World War II.
- Greek leader of Athens during the Greek golden age.
- United States General and Secretary of State.
- United China under one rule and became the first Chinese Emperor.
- French revolutionary who led France during the Terror.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- President of the US during the Great Depression and World War II.
- Sultan of Egypt and Syria who captured Jerusalem from the Crusaders.
- Leader of the Soviet Union during World War II.
Suleiman the Magnificent
- Ruler of the Ottoman Empire during its golden age.
- The first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Queen of England for over 63 years during the Victorian Era.
- Considered the greatest and most powerful Egyptian Pharaoh.
- First President of the United States.
William the Conqueror
- Became King of England after the Norman Conquest.
- The only woman to take the title of Emperor of China.
- Communist revolutionary who founded the People's Republic of China.
World Leaders Crossword Puzzle
World Leaders Word Search
Biographies for Kids
Women's History Month
Be sure to check out our
Biographies of Women Leaders
Money and Finance
Civil Rights Leaders
Inventors and Scientists
American Civil War
The Great Depression
Civil Rights Movement
1900 to Present
US State History
Aztec, Maya, Inca
World War 1
World War 2
Follow us on
This site is a product of TSI (Technological Solutions, Inc.), Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved. By using this site you agree to the