Below we have included the biographies of some of the most powerful and influential leaders in world history.
- Alexander the Great - Greek leader who conquered western Asia and northeast Africa.
- Augustus - The first Emperor of Rome.
- Napoleon Bonaparte - French military leader who became Emperor of the French.
- Leonid Brezhnev - Leader of the Soviet Union during much of the Cold War.
- Julius Caesar - Dictator of Rome who helped bring about the end of the Roman Republic.
- Fidel Castro - Cuban revolutionary and longtime leader of the Cuban government.
- Charlemagne - King of the Franks and the Holy Roman Emperor.
- Winston Churchill - Prime Minister of the United Kingdom during World War II.
- Cleopatra VII - The last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
- Constantine the Great - Roman emperor who converted to Christianity..
- Cyrus the Great - King and founder of the Persian Empire.
- Jefferson Davis - Leader of the Confederacy during the Civil War.
- Queen Elizabeth I - Queen of England for 44 years.
- Hatshepsut - One of the most powerful and successful pharaohs of Ancient Egypt.
- Genghis Khan - Founder of the Mongol Empire.
- Hammurabi - King of Babylon who established a written code of laws.
- Mikhail Gorbachev - Last leader of the Soviet Union.
- Adolf Hitler - Leader of Nazi Germany during World War II.
- King Henry VIII - King of England famous for marrying six times.
- Thomas Jefferson - Third President of the US who wrote the Declaration of Independence.
- Joan of Arc - Led the French during the Hundred Years War while still a teenager.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. - Civil rights leader who brought change through non-violent protest.
- Kublai Khan - Mongol Emperor who established the Yuan Dynasty of China.
- Vladimir Lenin - Communist revolutionary who helped found the Soviet Union.
- Abraham Lincoln - President of the United States during the American Civil War.
- Tsar Nicholas II - The last Tsar of Russia.
- Benito Mussolini - Dictator of Italy during World War II.
- Pericles - Greek leader of Athens during the Greek golden age.
- Colin Powell - United States General and Secretary of State.
- Emperor Qin - United China under one rule and became the first Chinese Emperor.
- Maximilien Robespierre - French revolutionary who led France during the Terror.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt - President of the US during the Great Depression and World War II.
- Saladin - Sultan of Egypt and Syria who captured Jerusalem from the Crusaders.
- Joseph Stalin - Leader of the Soviet Union during World War II.
- Suleiman the Magnificent - Ruler of the Ottoman Empire during its golden age.
- Margaret Thatcher - The first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Queen Victoria - Queen of England for over 63 years during the Victorian Era.
- Ramses II - Considered the greatest and most powerful Egyptian Pharaoh.
- George Washington - First President of the United States.
- William the Conqueror - Became King of England after the Norman Conquest.
- Empress Wu - The only woman to take the title of Emperor of China.
- Mao Zedong - Communist revolutionary who founded the People's Republic of China.
World Leaders Crossword Puzzle
World Leaders Word Search
Biographies for Kids