Parents and Teachers: Support Ducksters by following us on or .
Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil is an animated cartoon on Disney XD. It follows the adventures of daredevil wannabe Clarence "kick" Buttowski. The show was created by animator Sandro Corsaro (Flash) and is directed by Chris Savino. Its Disney XD premier was on February 13, 2010.
Episodes of Kick Buttowski usually center around a new stunt Kick is trying to perform. However, there are generally some obstacles that Kick and Gunther have to overcome along the way. These obstacles generally come in the form of something from school, Briana his younger sister, or Brad his older brother. In one episode Kick does battle with the evil school librarian when he must return Gunther's book and retrieve his own from the library. He uses all his daredevil skills to pull off the switcheroo.
- Kick Buttowski - The hero of the story, Kick has one goal and that's to be the world's greatest daredevil. He's small, but is brave and uber-skilled in extreme sports. Although Kick often leaves a wake of destruction in his path, it's generally not intentional and he can be a very kind-hearted person. Kick always wears his daredevil outfit which consists of a white jumpsuit with red stripes, a matching helmet, yellow gloves, and yellow boots.
- Gunther - Gunther is Kick's best friend. He's not the brightest kid or into daredevil sports like Kick is, but he's always there to support Kick.
- Brad - Brad is Kick's older brother. He constantly picks on Kick and does whatever he can to make Kick's life a bit harder.
- Mom and Dad - Kick's parents support him, but don't really get what he's trying to do.
- Briana - Briana is Kick's spoiled little sister. She tends to get in the way of his daredevil stunts and always causes some sort of trouble for him.
- Hush and Razz - These guys run the local extreme sports store. Razz talks constantly, while Hush is quiet.
- Wade - Wade works at the Food-n-stuff where Kick and Gunther sometimes hang out. Wade is the ultimate slacker.
- Jackie - Jackie is Kick's neighbor. She has a huge crush on him.
When parents first hear the name of this show, they likely want to turn it off. At first glance it doesn't look like it could have a single redeeming quality. However, it's actually quite funny and entertaining that often comes with a good message about friendship or bravery. Don't let the crude title, daredevil stunts, and Kick's gravely voice fool you, this show can be quite clever and entertaining.
Fun Facts about Kick Buttowski
- He is 12 years old.
- The stunt coordinator for Kick, listed in the show's credits, is Robbie Knievel, the son of the world famous daredevil Evel Knievel.
- He raced the school bus to school using a soda powered jet pack.
- He once did two months of homework in one night.
- Some of his catchphrases include "Show time" and "Chimichanga!"
Other kids TV shows to check out:
Back to Kids Fun and TV
Back to Ducksters Home