Science Questions and Quizzes
10 Question QuizzesEach question set contains 10 questions on a given science subject. All the questions refer directly to information from the linked page. The idea is that a student can read the page and then test their knowledge and reading comprehension by taking the quiz. The quizzes can be taken online or printed out.
Elements and the Periodic Table
Earth Science Subjects
Composition of the Earth
The Water Cycle
Food Chain and Web
Atmosphere and Weather
Renewable Energy Sources
Wave and Tidal Energy
Ocean Waves and Currents
Phases of the Moon
Additional Practice Science QuestionsEasy Electronics and Magnetism
Easy Light, Sound, and Color
The Periodic Table
Physics Velocity and Acceleration
Questions >> Science
Fun Facts About Science
- A human eye will blink over 4 million times in a year.
- A hurricane will release more energy in 10 minutes than 100% of the world's nuclear weapons.
- Almost 100% of the Oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere was produced by living organisms.
- Aluminum used to have a higher value than gold.
- An average human adult will have about 1/2 of a pound of salt.
- "It can take plastic about 50,000 years to decompose."
- It takes about 100 pounds of water to make 1 pound of food.
- J is the only letter that is not in the Periodic Table.
- Sound travels much faster through a metal than air.
- The average ice berg weighs about 20 million tons.
- The earth gets about 6000 lightning strikes per minute.
- The hardest substance known to man is diamond.
- The only metal that is a liquid at room temperature is Mercury.
- Water grows by about 9% when it freezes into ice.