Back to Biographies
The Fantastic Four superheroes were first introduced by Marvel Comics in the November 1961 comic book The Fantastic Four #1. They were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Who are the Fantastic Four?
Although the Fantastic Four have superhero names and alter ego names, they don't bother or attempt to keep their alter ego's secret.
- Mister Fantastic - The leader of the Fantastic Four, Mister Fantastic has elastic super powers enabling him to stretch and reshape his body. His alter ego is scientist Reed Richards. He is extremely intelligent and is married to Invisible Woman and is the father-in-law to The Human Torch.
- Invisible Woman - Invisible Woman has power over light waves enabling her to become invisible. She can also form force fields which she uses in various ways. Her alter ego is Sue Richards. She was pursuing an acting career when she met and married Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic). Her brother is the Human Torch, Jonathon Storm.
- The Human Torch - The Human Torch's powers are all related to fire. He can control and manipulate fire in any number of ways. His body is impervious to fire and he can fly. His alter ego is Jonathon Storm, brother of Invisible Woman. He was a teenager when he got his powers and became part of the Fantastic Four. His catchphrase is "Flame-on!".
- The Thing - The Thing has a rocky monster-like appearance. His superpowers are strength and resistance to injury. His alter ego is Benjamin Grimm an engineer and test pilot. He is not happy with his appearance and still blames his best friend, Reed Richards, for turning him into The Thing. His catchphrase is "It's clobberin' time!".
Where did the Fantastic Four get their powers?
The Fantastic Four all got their powers at the same time. They were test pilots or astronauts on an experimental rocket ship. When they were in outer space their ship was bombarded with cosmic radiation. They survive a crash back to earth and discover they now have super powers.
Who are the Fantastic Four's main enemies?
The Fantastic Four have had multiple foes over the years. Some of the most notorious include Doctor Doom, Mole Man, Puppet Master, Klaw, Molecule Man, Red Ghost, and Wizard.
Fun Facts about the Fantastic Four
Back to Biographies
- Their headquarters is located in New York City on the corner of 42nd Street and Madison Avenue.
- There have been other members of the Fantastic Four. For a short time the four members were The Hulk, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Spider-Man.
- There have been over 150 million comic books sold that have featured the Fantastic Four.
- The Thing was once on an animated show with Fred and Barney from the Flintstones.
Other Superhero bios: