Safety should always be the first thing considered when allowing kids on the interent.
Kid's, here are some tips on how to be safe on the internet. These are directly from the
FBI where they know what they are talking about. Also, kids should always make sure with
their teacher or parent that they can go to a web site. If you aren't sure...ask. If something
doesn't look okay....it probably isn't.
Here are the internet safety tips for kids from the FBI:
- First, remember never to give out personal information such as your name, home address, school name, or telephone number in a chat room or on bulletin boards. Also, never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent's permission.
- Never write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
- Do not meet someone or have them visit you without the permission of your parents.
- Tell your parents right away if you read anything on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that "she" is a "12-year-old girl" could really be an older man.
Back to Ducksters Kids Home