World War I - Sinking of the Lusitania
1. What was the Lusitania?
a. A German submarine
b. A United States battleship
c. An Italian cargo ship
d. A British luxury cruise ship
e. A French battleship
2. What country sunk the Lusitania as part of war?
3. Where was the Lusitania when it was sunk?
a. In New York harbor
b. Off the coast of Ireland
c. In the middle of the Pacific Ocean
d. In the Mediterranean Sea
e. Near the Hawaiian Islands
4. What was a U-boat?
a. A boat shaped like a U
b. A type of battleship
c. A small speedboat
d. A fancy sailboat
e. A German submarine
5. True or False: The Germans tried to warn the passengers of the ship by taking out ads in newspapers.
6. How many people died when the Lusitania sank?
e. Over 3000
7. Why did the Germans sink the Lusitania?
a. They declared the seas around Britain a war zone and would sink any Allied ship in the region
b. The Lusitania fired first trying to sink the German submarine
c. They thought it was a United States battleship carrying soldiers to the western front
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. What phrase about the incident was used to recruit soldiers to the U.S. army?
a. Be all you can be
b. Remember the Lusitania
c. Take up the Sword of Justice
d. Forward to Victory!
e. Remember the Alamo
9. True or False: The sinking of the Lusitania outraged many countries and turned public opinion in the U.S. against Germany.
10. Around how long did it take the Lusitania to sink?
a. 5 minutes
b. 20 minutes
c. 1 hour
d. 3 hours
e. 9 hours
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the World War I - Sinking of the Lusitania page at www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_i/sinking_of_the_lusitania.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.