1. What U.S. President introduced the Monroe Doctrine?
a. James Madison
b. Teddy Roosevelt
c. George Washington
d. James Monroe
e. John Adams
2. What year was the Monroe Doctrine established?
3. True or False: The Monroe Doctrine had no impact on the future foreign policy of the United States.
4. What future president helped to write the Monroe Doctrine?
a. Thomas Jefferson
b. Abraham Lincoln
c. Teddy Roosevelt
d. George Bush
e. John Quincy Adams
5. Which of the following was part of the Monroe Doctrine?
a. The United States would protect France from Germany
b. The United States would fight communism in Africa
c. The United States would not get involved in conflicts between European countries
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
6. What term did Franklin Roosevelt use for his use of the Monroe Doctrine?
a. Big Stick
b. Heavy Hand
c. Watchful Eye
d. Big Brother
e. Good Neighbor
7. What president invoked the Monroe Doctrine during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
a. John F. Kennedy
b. Richard Nixon
c. Lyndon Johnson
d. Ronald Reagan
e. Jimmy Carter
8. True or False: President Monroe was concerned that European monarchies would try to regain power in the Americas.
9. What president invoked the Monroe Doctrine to fight communism in the Americas during the 1980s?
a. George H. W. Bush
b. Bill Clinton
c. Ronald Reagan
d. Jimmy Carter
e. Gerald Ford
10. What area of the world did the Monroe Doctrine say the United States would protect from Europe?
d. North and South America
e. Middle East
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Monroe Doctrine page at /history/us_1800s/monroe_doctrine.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.