1. What was the Forbidden City?
a. A palace for the emperor
b. A tomb for soldiers
c. A temple to Confucius
d. A prison
e. A city built for just the gods
2. What modern day Chinese city is the Forbidden City located at the center of?
3. What two Chinese dynasties used the Forbidden City as the palace for their emperor?
a. Tang and Qin
b. Ming and Qing
c. Song and Shang
d. Zhou and Xia
e. Han and Tang
4. What was the main function of the inner court?
a. It was where the emperor met with his ministers
b. It was where official ceremonies were held
c. It was where the emperor and his family lived
d. It was where the army camped
e. It was where most large sporting events were held
5. What sort of fortifications did the palace have?
a. A 26 feet high wall all the way around it
b. Tall towers at each corner
c. A moat of water surrounding it
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
6. What direction did all of the buildings face?
e. They faced different directions
7. What was the main function of the outer court?
a. It was where the empress lived
b. It was where the emperor held official ceremonies
c. It was where the emperor lived
d. It was where the farmers grew rice
e. It was where the children of the emperor played games
8. What color were the roofs of most of the buildings in the Forbidden City?
9. How many emperors ruled china from this palace?
10. True or False: The Forbidden City was completely destroyed in a fire during World War II. There is nothing left.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Forbidden City page at /history/china/forbidden_city.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.