Ancient Egypt - Entertainment
1. What Egyptian board game was so popular that many pharaohs were buried with it?
2. What activity did many of the Egyptian sports prepare young men for?
3. What type of racing was a popular sport with the Ancient Egyptians?
a. Long distance running
b. Chariot racing
c. Dog racing
d. Pig racing
4. True or False: Poor people had more time for entertainment and games than wealthy people.
5. What types of Ancient Egyptian children's toys have archeologists discovered?
c. Spinning tops
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
6. People would often place these on their heads at Ancient Egyptian parties?
a. Blocks of cheese
b. Pet rats
c. Perfume cones
d. Their shoes
7. True or False: The Ancient Egyptians loved water sports and were good swimmers.
8. What was mehen?
a. A type of theater popular in Ancient Egypt
b. A board game with spaces shaped like a coiled snake
c. A sport played with a bat and a ball
d. A festival to the god Amun
e. A gambling game played with dice
9. Which of the following was not a form of entertainment in Ancient Egypt?
d. Board games
10. True or False: Rich nobles would sometimes hunt lions and hippos for entertainment.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Egypt - Entertainment page at /history/ancient_egypt/entertainment_and_games.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.