1. Thomas Jefferson was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was Thomas Jefferson's wife?
a. Martha Dandridge
b. Abigail Smith
c. Martha Wayles Skelton
d. Dolly Payne Todd
e. Elizabeth Kortright
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Thomas Jefferson?
a. John Caldwell Calhoun
b. Thomas Jefferson
c. Aaron Burr and George Clinton
d. John Adams
e. Daniel Tompkins
4. What was Thomas Jefferson's nickname?
a. Father of American Independence
b. Father of the Declaration of Independence
c. Father of the Constitution
d. The Era of Good Feelings President
e. Father of His Country
5. Where was Thomas Jefferson born?
a. North Carolina
d. New York
6. What famous document from the American Revolution did Thomas Jefferson write?
a. Lee Resolution
b. Northwest Ordinance
c. The Stamp Act
d. Declaration of Independence
e. The U.S. Constitution
7. What political position did Thomas Jefferson hold before being elected President of the United States?
a. Governor of Virginia
b. Secretary of State
c. Vice President
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. What large piece of land did Thomas Jefferson buy from France?
a. Louisiana Purchase
d. Gadsden Purchase
e. Oregon Territory
9. Who were Lewis and Clark?
a. The two Vice Presidents that served under Thomas Jefferson
b. Pirates that attacked U.S. merchant ships
c. Explorers Thomas Jefferson sent to map out the land west of the United States
d. Generals in the U.S. Army that fought France
e. Jefferson's political rivals in Congress
10. What U.S. president died on the same day as Thomas Jefferson?
a. George Washington
b. James Monroe
c. James Madison
d. Andrew Jackson
e. John Adams
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Thomas Jefferson page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/thomasjefferson.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.