Physics: Theory of Relativity
1. What famous scientist came up with the Theory of Relativity?
a. Albert Einstein
c. Isaac Newton
d. Thomas Edison
2. What two principles make up the theory of special relativity?
a. Principle of nuclear forces and the principle of the speed of light
b. Principle of relativity and the principle of mass
c. Principle of mass and the principle of nuclear forces
d. Principle of relativity and the principle of the speed of light
e. None of the Above
3. According to the Theory of Relativity, the speed of light in a vacuum is ______ for all observers?
b. Dependent on the motion of the source of the light
c. The same
d. Dependent on the relative motion of the observer
e. All of the above
4. Before the Theory of Relativity, what did scientists call the reference point for all motion?
a. Focal point
c. The Sun
d. The Earth
e. Galactic center
5. True or False: The Theory of Relativity was important in developing the atomic bomb.
6. In the equation E = mc2, what does 'm' stand for?
7. In the equation E = mc2, what does 'c' stand for?
c. Speed of light
d. Change in mass
8. If the mass of an object changes, what will also change?
a. The speed of light
9. The faster an object is moving in relation to an observer, the ______ it will appear to an observer.
d. It will appear the same regardless of speed
10. True or False: The faster a space ship is flying the shorter it will appear to people on board the ship.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Theory of Relativity page at www.ducksters.com/science/physics/theory_of_relativity.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.