Biology: The Cell
1. Which of the following is a function of a nerve cell?
a. To help us think
b. To produce energy
c. To transport messages around the body
d. To fight off bacteria
e. To help us move
2. The nucleus is to the cell as the ______ is too the human body.
3. What is the name of the whip-like appendages that can help most prokaryotic cells move?
4. Which of the following is NOT made up of eukaryotic cells?
e. None of the Above
5. True or False: Eukaryotic cells are typically a lot bigger and more complex than prokaryotic cells.
6. The skin is to the human body as the ______ is to the cell.
7. Ribosomes make what type of organic substances?
d. Nucleic Acids
e. Simple Sugars
8. True or False: The cell membrane allows ALL substances into the cell.
9. Which of the following is where the cell gets its energy?
10. The nucleus, ribosomes, and lysosomes can be classified as:
b. The envelope of the cell
d. The cytoplasmic region
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Biology: The Cell page at www.ducksters.com/science/the_cell.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.