Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. True or False: The skin performs many functions to enable us to live, but it is not considered an organ like the heart or the brain.
2. Which of the following is NOT a function of our skin?
a. It houses one of our five senses
b. It absorbs sunlight for heat
c. It absorbs sunlight for photosynthesis
d. It absorbs sunlight for vitamins
e. It protects against the outside environment
3. Which of the following is the primary vitamin produced by our skin while absorbing sunlight?
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin B
c. Vitamin C
d. Vitamin D
e. Vitamin E
4. What is the average thickness of our skin?
a. 1 mm
b. 2 mm
c. 3 mm
d. 4 mm
e. 5 mm
5. Our skin houses which of the five senses?
6. Which of the following body parts have extra receptor cells?
e. All of the Above
7. True or False: The skin widens blood vessels to keep us cool and narrows blood vessels to keep us warm.
8. Which layer of skin connects the skin to muscles and bone?
9. Which layer of skin houses blood cells, hair follicles, and sweat glands?
10. Which of the following lists the layers of the skin in order from the innermost layer to the outermost layer?
a. Dermis, Hypodermis, Epidermis
b. Hypodermis, Dermis, Epidermis
c. Epidermis, Hypodermis, Dermis
d. Epidermis, Dermis, Hypodermis
e. Hypodermis, Epidermis, Dermis
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Biology: Skin page at www.ducksters.com/science/skin.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.