1. Which of the following is NOT one of the four main elements of an amino acid?
2. How many different kinds of amino acids are in our bodies?
3. True or False: ALL amino acids in our bodies come from food.
4. Proteins are made up of:
a. Short strands of RNA
b. Short strands of amino acids
c. Long chains of RNA
d. Long chains of amino acids
e. Different combinations of RNA and amino acids
5. What percentage of the human body is made up of proteins?
6. Why are proteins important?
a. Proteins are essential for survival
b. There are thousands of different proteins in the human body
c. Proteins provide all sorts of functions
d. Every cell in the human body uses proteins
e. All of the Above
7. Where are the instructions for how to make a protein located in a cell?
8. Which type of protein is found in cartilage or tendons?
9. Catalysts perform which of the following functions?
a. Carry essential nutrients around our bodies
b. Assist in chemical reactions
c. Convert DNA into RNA
d. Provide structure for our bodies
e. Protect us from disease
10. The protein hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in our red blood cells, is an example of what type of protein?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Biology: Proteins page at www.ducksters.com/science/biology/proteins_and_amino_acids.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.