Physics: Musical Note
1. A musical note describes both the pitch and the _______ of a musical sound.
2. The higher the ______ of the sound wave, the higher pitch the sound.
3. What is the standard musical scale used by most musicians?
a. Weight scale
b. Spring scale
c. Platform scale
d. Chromatic scale
e. Snake scale
4. Which of the following is not one of the 7 main musical notes?
5. What do you call a note that is one half step up from the main note?
6. What do you call a note that is one half step down from the main note?
7. What do we call each set of seven repeating main notes and their half notes?
8. Each note in an octave is _____ the pitch of the same note in the octave below.
a. One half
c. Three times
d. Four times
e. The same
9. Which of the following notes is played the longest?
a. Eighth note
b. Quarter note
c. Half note
d. Whole note
e. They are all played for the same amount of time
10. Which octave is considered the 'middle' octave?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Musical Note page at www.ducksters.com/musicforkids/music_notes.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.