1. Jupiter is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Jupiter?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of Jupiter?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. Around how big is Jupiter's mass when compared to the mass of the Earth?
a. 5.5% of the Earth's mass
b. 11% of the Earth's mass
c. 82% of the Earth's mass
d. 95 times the Earth's mass
e. 318 times the Earth's mass
5. Around how long is a day on Jupiter?
a. 9.8 hours
b. 10.7 hours
c. 24.6 hours
d. 88 Earth days
e. 243 Earth days
6. What is the largest moon in the Solar System?
e. The Earth's moon
7. What famous scientist first discovered the four largest moons of Jupiter?
a. Isaac Newton
c. Carl Sagan
e. Albert Einstein
8. Jupiter was named after what Roman god or goddess?
a. God of war
b. Roman messenger to the gods
c. God of the sky
d. God of agriculture
e. Goddess of love
9. What is the name of the giant storm on Jupiter?
a. The Great Red Spot
b. The Giant Dot
c. The Massive Spin
d. The Great Storm
e. Hurricane Mars
10. Jupiter is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Second largest
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Jupiter page at www.ducksters.com/science/jupiter.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.