1. How much gravity an object has depends on its _______.
2. Which of the following has the strongest gravitational pull?
a. A bowling ball
b. A car
c. The Earth
d. The planet Mars
e. The Sun
3. When will gravity be the strongest?
a. The further away you are from an object
b. The closer you are to an object
c. The faster your relative speed is to an object
d. All of the above
e. None of the Above
4. True or False: Gravity helps the Earth to stay in orbit around the Sun.
5. What scientist is credited with first describing the mathematics of gravity?
a. Thomas Edison
b. Alexander Graham Bell
c. Isaac Newton
d. Bill Gates
e. Leonardo da Vinci
6. What do we call the force of gravity on an object?
7. True or False: The more mass an object has, the faster it will fall.
8. What natural phenomena occurs on Earth due to the gravity of the Moon?
c. Volcanic eruptions
d. Thunder storms
e. Ocean tides
9. Where would you weigh the most?
d. The Sun
e. The Moon
10. True or False: How much we weigh on Earth is a direct result of the force of the Earth's gravity.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Gravity page at www.ducksters.com/science/gravity.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.