Physics: Planet Earth
1. Earth is the ______ planet from the Sun.
2. What type of planet is Earth?
a. Dwarf planet
b. Gas giant planet
c. Terrestrial planet
d. Ice giant planet
e. All of the above
3. Which of the following best describes the surface of planet Earth?
a. Cloudy and hot with lots of volcanoes
b. Cold, rocky, and covered in red dust
c. A thick layer of hydrogen gas
d. Barren and rocky with lots of craters
e. Mostly water surface with some areas of dry land
4. How many moons does the Earth have?
5. Around how far is the Earth from the Sun?
a. 9 thousand miles
b. 93 thousand miles
c. 1 million miles
d. 9 million miles
e. 93 million miles
6. Earth is the ______ planet in the Solar System.
b. Second smallest
c. Sixth Largest
d. Fifth largest
7. What makes the Earth different from the other planets in the Solar System?
a. It supports life
b. It is mostly covered in water
c. Its atmosphere is mostly nitrogen and oxygen
d. All of the above
e. None of the Above
8. What is the outside rocky layer of the Earth called?
c. Inner core
d. Outer core
9. What two elements make up the majority of the Earth's core?
a. Oxygen and Magnesium
b. Silicon and Nitrogen
c. Nickel and Iron
d. Oxygen and Nitrogen
e. Iron and Carbon
10. True or False: The inner core of the Earth is hotter than the surface of the Sun.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Physics: Planet Earth page at www.ducksters.com/science/earth.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.