World War II - Battle of Guadalcanal
1. What two nations fought at the Battle of Guadalcanal?
a. France and Germany
b. Britain and Germany
c. United States and Japan
d. Japan and China
e. Russia and Japan
2. During what war did the Battle of Guadalcanal take place?
a. World War II
b. American Civil War
c. Mexican-American War
d. World War I
e. Revolutionary War
3. Where is the Island of Guadalcanal located?
a. In the Mediterranean Sea
b. In the South Pacific Ocean
c. Off the coast of China
d. In the Atlantic Ocean
e. In the Indian Ocean
4. Which of the following best describes the situation prior the battle?
a. The Japanese had control of the Island of Guadalcanal
b. The Japanese had gained control of much of the South Pacific
c. The Japanese had built an air base on the island of Guadalcanal
d. The Japanese were threatening Australia
e. All of the above
5. Who led the United States naval forces during the battle?
a. General Alexander Patch
b. Admiral Joseph Clark
c. Admiral Richmond Turner
d. Admiral Stuart Murray
e. Admiral John Hall
6. What would the Japanese do at night during the Battle of Guadalcanal?
a. They would send in more troops using fast boats
b. They would bomb U.S. ships with planes
c. They would retreat to their ships
d. They would shell the U.S. with artillery
e. None of the above
7. Around how long did the Battle of Guadalcanal last?
a. 30 minutes
b. 1 day
c. 4 days
d. 2 weeks
e. 6 months
8. True or False: The Battle of Guadalcanal was the first time that the Japanese had lost ground during the war.
9. What was the code name for the initial invasion of the island by the United States?
a. Operation Overlord
b. Operation Watchtower
c. Operation Rolling Thunder
d. Operation Island Storm
e. Operation Jupiter
10. What was the final outcome of the Battle of Guadalcanal?
a. The Japanese won and took control of the Island
b. The Japanese won, but the runway on the island was destroyed
c. The United States won and took control of the Island
d. The United States won, but the Japanese maintained control of the island
e. Neither side won
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the World War II - Battle of Guadalcanal page at www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_ii/battle_of_guadalcanal.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.