Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster
1. What is a Space Shuttle?
a. A reusable manned spacecraft
b. An unmanned spacecraft
c. A space station that orbits the Earth
d. A passenger plane
e. A space vehicle that travels to Mars
2. What earlier Space Shuttle Challenger crew member was the first American woman in space?
a. Mae Jemison
b. Eileen Collins
c. Sally Ride
d. Judith Resnik
e. Shannon Lucid
3. When did the Challenger break apart?
a. During take off
b. While in orbit
c. While entering the Earth's atmosphere
d. During landing
e. While on the ground
4. Who was the commander of the mission?
a. Neil Armstrong
b. Charles Bolden
c. Gus Grissom
d. Dick Scobee
e. John Glenn
5. True or False: This was the first time the Space Shuttle Challenger had launched into space.
6. Who was Christa McAuliffe?
a. A scientist
b. A schoolteacher
c. A doctor
d. A pilot
e. An engineer
7. What caused the Space Shuttle Challenger to break apart?
a. Pilot error
b. Someone sabotaged the engine
c. An electrical fire
d. An O-ring seal failed
e. A chemical explosion
8. Who was president during the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster?
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Gerald Ford
c. John F. Kennedy
d. George Bush
e. Ronald Reagan
9. When did the last Space Shuttle flight occur?
10. How many crewmembers died in the disaster?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster page at /history/us_1900s/space_shuttle_challenger.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.