Iran Hostage Crisis
1. Who was president at the start of the Iran Hostage Crisis?
a. Ronald Reagan
b. Gerald Ford
c. George Bush
d. Jimmy Carter
e. Bill Clinton
2. What year were the Americans first taken hostage in Iran?
3. Where were the U.S. citizens taken hostage?
a. At the American Embassy
b. At the Capital Building
c. In a restaurant
d. At a theater
e. In the airport
4. Who was the former Iranian leader that the U.S. protected?
5. Who took the Americans hostage?
b. Religious leaders
6. Around how long were the Americans held hostage?
a. Two weeks
b. 1 month
c. 2 months
d. 6 months
e. Over a year
7. True or False: The hostages were successfully rescued in a daring helicopter mission.
8. How many people were originally taken hostage?
9. The hostages were released right after what president took office?
a. Jimmy Carter
b. George Bush
c. Ronald Reagan
d. Bill Clinton
e. John F. Kennedy
10. What function does the old American Embassy building serve in Iran today?
a. A museum to the Iranian revolution
b. It is still the American Embassy
c. It is a restaurant
d. It is a school
e. It is abandoned
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Iran Hostage Crisis page at /history/us_1900s/iran_hostage_crisis.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.