Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
1. What was the Exxon Valdez?
a. Cruise ship
b. Oil tanker
e. Jumbo jet
2. What year did the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill occur?
3. What caused the oil spill?
a. A bomb
b. The ship hit a whale
c. The ship hit a reef
d. The ship hit an iceberg
e. Someone accidentally opened the wrong hatch
4. The oil spill occurred off of the coast of what state?
5. True or False: The Exxon Valdez Oil spill is the largest oil spill in world history.
6. Around how much oil was spilled into the ocean?
a. 5 million gallons
b. 11 million gallons
c. 30 million gallons
d. 100 million gallons
e. No one knows
7. In what body of water did the oil spill occur?
a. Atlantic Ocean
b. Gulf of Mexico
c. Black Sea
d. Indian Ocean
e. Prince William Sound
8. Where was the Exxon Valdez traveling to?
9. True or False: Billions of dollars were spent cleaning up the oil spill.
10. Why are oil spills considered such disasters?
a. They kill fish and other wildlife
b. The oil destroys natural habitats
c. The oil destroys breeding grounds
d. All of the above
e. They aren't really that bad
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill page at /history/us_1900s/exxon_valdez_oil_spill.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.