The Great Depression - Causes
1. What event is generally considered to be the start of the Great Depression?
a. Dust bowl
c. New Deal
d. Stock market crash
e. Bonus Army March
2. What month did the stock market crash?
3. What law passed in 1930 hurt trade with other countries?
a. Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act
b. Stamp Act
c. Homestead Act
d. Sherman Antitrust Act
e. Social Security Act
4. According to the article, what happened in the Midwest during the Great Depression to cause many farmers to lose their crops?
5. What caused prices to drop for farmers?
c. High demand
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
6. True or False: Many people went into debt buying new products like washing machines and cars.
7. What major industry failed, helping to cause the Great Depression?
8. Before the Great Depression, the United States loaned out money to help its allies from what war?
a. Civil War
b. War of 1812
c. World War I
d. War of Independence
e. Mexican-American War
9. What type of credit did people use to buy items in the 1920s?
a. Debit Card
b. Installment plan
c. Student loans
e. Credit Card
10. According to the article, how many banks failed over the first few years of the Great Depression?
e. Over 10,000
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the The Great Depression - Causes page at /history/us_1900s/causes_of_the_great_depression.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.