Statue of Liberty
1. What country gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
2. What year was the Statue of Liberty dedicated?
3. Who designed the internal grid structure that supports the statue?
a. Thomas Edison
b. Henry Ford
c. Gustave Eiffel
d. Isaac Newton
e. Antoine Lavoisier
4. What does the tablet in her left hand represent?
5. If you include the pedestal and foundation, around how tall is the statue?
a. 50 feet
b. 100 feet
c. 300 feet
d. 500 feet
e. 1000 feet
6. True or False: It took around 100 years to build the statue.
7. What is the statue holding high in her right hand?
8. Who is the statue modeled after?
a. The Greek goddess Aphrodite
b. Egyptian pharaoh Cleopatra VII
c. Queen Elizabeth I
d. The Roman goddess Libertas
e. Martha Washington
9. Who was the sculptor that designed the Statue of Liberty?
a. Pablo Picasso
b. Henry Moore
c. Frederic Bartholdi
d. Jasper Johns
e. Auguste Rodin
10. True or False: Around 4 million people visit the statue each year.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Statue of Liberty page at /history/us_1800s/statue_of_liberty.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.