Native Americans - Blackfoot Nation
1. In what U.S. state did the Blackfoot live?
e. North Carolina
2. In what country do most Blackfoot live today?
e. United States
3. What did the earlier Blackfoot hunt as their primary source of food?
e. They didn't hunt
4. What type of home did the earlier Blackfoot live in?
5. True or False: The Blackfoot were once known as fierce warriors.
6. According to one legend, the Blackfoot get their name because their moccasins turned black from what?
a. Riding horses
b. Hunting bison
c. Tobacco stains
d. Soot of prairie fires
e. All of the above
7. What type of material was used to make the traditional clothing of the Blackfoot?
8. In which direction did the Blackfoot always face the entrance to their homes?
9. What was pemmican?
a. An animal
b. A type of home
c. A kind of food
d. A member of the tribe
e. A type of shoe
10. True or False: The early Blackfoot had an organized government with a king and many written laws.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Native Americans - Blackfoot Nation page at /history/native_americans/blackfoot_nation.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.