The Apache Tribes
1. How many tribes make up the Apache peoples?
2. Which of the following is NOT a state where the Apache originally lived?
b. New Mexico
e. North Carolina
3. What type of material did the Apache use to make their clothing?
b. Leather or Buckskin
c. Wool from sheep
d. Silk made from silkworms
e. Hemp from plants
4. What were the two main types of homes that the Apache peoples lived in?
a. Wikiups and teepees
b. Wigwams and longhouses
c. Hogans and plank houses
d. Teepees and igloos
e. Chickees and wikiups
5. What was the main type of plant that the Apache ate?
6. Before the Europeans brought horses to the Americas, what animal did the Apache use to drag their belongings when they moved?
7. Which of the following Native Americans was an Apache leader?
a. Sitting Bull
d. Black Hawk
e. Chief Pontiac
8. What was the main job of the men in an Apache tribe?
c. Making clothes
d. Weaving baskets
9. When a man and a woman in an Apache tribe were married, where would they typically live?
a. They would start a tribe of their own
b. They would live with the man`s family
c. They would live on the outskirts of the tribe until they had kids
d. They would live with the woman`s family
e. They would move to a tribe where they had no relatives
10. True or False: The Apache tribes spoke the same language and were similar in culture.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the The Apache Tribes page at /history/native_american_apache.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.