Native American Agriculture and Food
1. Which of the following was NOT a way that the Native Americans got their food?
a. Hunting animals
c. At the local Grocery Store
2. What was the primary crop grown by the Native Americans?
3. Besides food, how else would the Plains Indians use the Bison they killed?
a. They used the hide to make blankets
b. They used the bones to make tools
c. They hair to make rope
d. They used the hide to make tepees
e. All of the above
4. In what areas of North America did Native Americans specialize in farming?
5. What types of food did people get from gathering?
a. Meat from bison
b. Dried fish for the winter
d. Nuts and berries
e. Squash and beans
6. In what area of the country did Native Americans specialize in hunting bison?
c. Great Plains
7. The American bison is often called by another name. What is it?
8. True or False: Most Native American tribes only used one method, such as fishing, to get their food.
9. What area of agriculture do you think that the tribes living along the Pacific ocean of the Northwest specialized in?
c. Hunting Bison
e. Growing Maize
10. Which of the following is NOT true about Maize?
a. It is very similar to corn
b. It is only good for eating and the rest must be thrown away
c. It can be ground into flour
d. It can be stored for the winter
e. The husks were often used as fuel for fires
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Native American Agriculture and Food page at /history/native_american_agriculture_food.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.