Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. The king of what country was forced to sign the Magna Carta?
2. Which king signed the Magna Carta?
a. Edward III
b. Richard I
c. Henry VIII
e. James I
3. What year was the Magna Carta signed?
4. True or False: Both sides thought the agreement was good for the country and had every intention of keeping it.
5. What happened after the document was signed?
a. Civil war between the barons and king broke out
b. The king became a much better ruler
c. The barons gave up London
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
6. In what language was the Magna Carta written?
7. What government body was eventually formed from the council of 25 barons?
8. True or False: Some of the clauses of the Magna Carta are still in force as English law.
9. What finally put an end to the civil war between the barons and the king?
a. They signed a peace treaty
b. The pope intervened
c. The king defeated the barons and had them replaced
d. They signed another agreement called the Magna Carta II
e. King John died
10. Which of the below was NOT a part of the Magna Carta?
a. The protection of church rights
b. A council of 25 barons to watch over the king
c. The right for each free man to vote for king
d. No new taxes without the agreement of the barons
e. Protection from illegal imprisonment
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Magna Carta page at /history/middle_ages/king_john_magna_carta.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.