Daily Life in the Middle Ages
1. What was the most common job for people living in the Middle Ages?
2. Who did most of the peasants work for during the Middle Ages?
a. The local lord
b. The king
c. A farming company
d. The government
e. A union
3. What word below best describes life in the cities?
4. True or False: Most people during the Middle Ages lived in nice comfortable castles with many rooms.
5. What were sumptuary laws?
a. Laws regarding food preparation and cleanliness
b. Laws protecting the rights of the peasant
c. Laws that helped poor people earn fair wages
d. Laws that made sure kings did not steal from their subjects
e. Laws that said what class of people could wear what types of clothing
6. True or False: People during the Middle Ages ate meat for nearly every meal.
7. What did most people drink during the Middle Ages?
a. Ale or wine
c. Fruit juice
8. What would happen to a peasant who killed a deer on the land of a noble?
b. He would be congratulated
c. He could keep the deer
d. He would be punished or even killed
e. He would have to give the deer to the noble
9. True or False: Most children, rich or poor, attended school at the monasteries and learned to read and write.
10. What was the main food that peasants ate on a daily basis?
b. Milk and puddings
c. Bread and stew
d. Fruits and cheeses
e. All of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Daily Life in the Middle Ages page at /history/middle_ages/daily_life_in_the_middle_ages.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.