Ancient Mesopotamia - Cities
1. The city of Uruk was the center of what civilization?
a. Babylonian Empire
b. Akkadian Empire
d. Assyrian Empire
e. Persian Empire
2. What story told of the exploits of King Gilgamesh of Uruk?
a. King of Uruk
b. Epic of Gilgamesh
c. Gilgamesh and the Forty Thieves
d. Tales of Gilgamesh
e. King and I
3. What city was the first capital and religious center of the Assyrian Empire?
4. What city was home to Hammurabi and Nebuchadnezzar?
5. Who did God command to travel to Nineveh in the Bible?
6. What king first built the city of Persepolis?
c. Cyrus the Great
7. What ancient wonder of the world had its home in Babylon?
a. Temple of Artemis
c. Statue of Zeus
d. Hanging Gardens
e. Great Pyramid
8. What city was home to a large library with over 20,000 clay tablets?
9. What structure is the city of Nimrud famous for?
a. Hanging Gardens
b. A giant library
c. The Great Pyramid
d. Palace of Shalmaneser III
e. Gate of Nations
10. Which city was a capital of the Persian Empire?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Mesopotamia - Cities page at /history/mesopotamia/great_cities_of_ancient_mesopotamia.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.