Epic of Gilgamesh
1. What civilization is the setting for the Epic Tale of Gilgamesh?
2. Who was Gilgamesh in real life?
a. King of Babylon
b. A priest
c. King of Uruk
d. A scribe
e. A warrior
3. In the story, why do the gods send Gilgamesh a challenger?
a. Because they grow scared of Gilgamesh
b. Because Gilgamesh says he is stronger than the gods
c. Because the gods think it would be fun
d. Because he is bored and is mistreating the people of Uruk
e. Because they want to replace Gilgamesh
4. What is the name of the wild man that the gods send to challenge Gilgamesh?
e. Bull of Heaven
5. What happens when Enkidu and Gilgamesh fight?
a. Gilgamesh kills Enkidu
b. Enkidu kills Gilgmesh
c. They both end up dying in the fight
d. They end up destroying the city of Uruk
e. They fight to a draw and the become best friends
6. Where do the two friends travel in order to fight the monster Humbaba?
a. The city of Babylon
c. The Cedar Forest
d. The Dry Desert
e. The Euphrates River
7. True or false: The gods decided that one of the two heroes must die and they kill Enkidu.
8. What does Gilgamesh go in search of in the latter part of the story?
a. The meaning of life
b. Eternal life
c. The Holy Grail
d. The Secret Gardens of Babylon
e. The sun god Shamash
9. True or False: Gilgamesh learns how to defeat death by the end of the story.
10. From what god did Gilgamesh get his courage?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Epic of Gilgamesh page at /history/mesopotamia/epic_of_gilgamesh.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.