1. What peoples came before the Akkadians in the land of Mesopotamia?
2. The Akkadians were the first to move from separate city-states to this form of government.
3. What language did the Akkadians speak?
4. What Akkadian leader rose to power and first united Mesopotamia under one rule?
a. Sargon the Great
d. Alexander the Great
5. What was Naram-Sin famous for?
a. He was the Babylonian ruler who conquered the Akkadians
b. He was a scribe who wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh
c. He was ruler of the Akkadian Empire during its peak
d. He was the god of the Sun and the primary god of the city of Uruk
e. He was a priest and astronomer
6. What period of time in history did the Akkadians rule the land of Mesopotamia?
a. 3300 BC to 3000 BC
b. 2700 BC to 2000 BC
c. 2500 BC to 2400 BC
d. 2300 BC to 2100 BC
e. 1000 BC to 500 BC
7. Why did the Sumerians think that the Akkadian Empire collapsed?
a. Because they spoke a different language
b. Because they could not fight well
c. Because they failed to offer the right sacrifices to the gods
d. Because of poor leadership
e. Because of a curse placed on them when they destroyed the temple at Nippur
8. Sargon introduced the concept of the dynasty to an empire. What was this?
a. When a king would assign leaders to rule each city who reported in to him
b. Another name for the civil service or administrators who worked for the government
c. When the son of a king inherited his kingdom and became king when he died
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
9. True or false: There was a good road system that ran between the major cities of the empire.
10. Before the Akkadian empire, where did people speak the Akkadian language?
a. Southern Mesopotamia
b. Northern Mesopotamia
c. East of the Tigris
d. West of the Tigris
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Akkadian Empire page at /history/mesopotamia/akkadian_empire.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.