Islamic Empire - Abbasid Caliphate
1. What Caliphate came before the Abbasid Caliphate?
a. Rashidun Caliphate
b. Fatimid Caliphate
c. Umayyad Caliphate
d. Ottoman Caliphate
e. None, the Umayyad Caliphate was the first Caliphate
2. What was the capital city of the Abbasid Caliphate up until 1258 CE?
3. Who sacked the capital city of the Abbasid Caliphate in 1258 CE causing the Abbasids to flee?
a. Great Britain
b. Ottoman Empire
4. Where did the Abbasid Caliphate reestablish the Caliphate in 1261 CE?
5. True or False: The Caliph of the Abbasid Caliphate was elected from a number of religious wise men.
6. What area of culture flourished during the Golden Age of Islam?
a. Art and architecture
e. All of the above
7. Who held the political power during the second period of the Abbasid Caliphate after 1261 CE?
8. True or False: The Abbasid Caliphate at its peak only consisted of a small area of land in the Middle East.
9. What was the leader of the Abbasid Caliphate called?
e. It was ruled by an assembly of wise Muslim Imams
10. What empire conquered the Abbasid Caliphate to put an end to its second period of rule in 1517 CE?
a. Roman Empire
b. British Empire
c. Ottoman Empire
d. German Empire
e. Greek Empire
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Islamic Empire - Abbasid Caliphate page at www.ducksters.com/history/islam/abbasid_caliphate.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.