Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. What country had control of the Korean peninsula before World War II?
a. Soviet Union
c. United States
2. What year did the Korean War begin?
3. What was used as the border between North Korea and South Korea?
a. Hantan River
b. 17th Parallel
c. Imjin River
d. 38th Parallel
e. A line exactly halfway between the southern tip and the northern tip of the area
4. North Korea is ruled by what type of government?
5. Who was president of the United States during the Korean War?
a. Kennedy then Johnson
b. Truman then Eisenhower
c. Eisenhower then Kennedy
d. Only Eisenhower
e. Only Kennedy
6. True or False: The Korean War ended with Northern Korea taking over the government of South Korea and the country being united under communist rule.
7. What country entered the side of North Korea and changed the course of the war?
b. United States
8. What side attacked first?
a. North Korea
b. South Korea
e. None of the above
9. Who was the main general for the United Nations and the United States at the start of the war?
a. Dwight D. Eisenhower
b. George Marshall
c. Douglas McArthur
d. Omar Bradley
e. Matthew Ridgway
10. Which side was considered the winner of the war?
a. United States
b. North Korea
d. South Korea
e. There was no winner
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Korean War page at /history/cold_war/korean_war.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.