Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. Berlin is the capital of what European country?
b. United Kingdom
2. Why did East Germany build the Berlin Wall?
a. To keep people from West Germany coming into East Germany
b. To keep people from escaping to West Germany
c. As a fortification to keep enemies out of the city
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
3. What country had control over the government of East Germany?
a. Soviet Union
4. Around how many people left East Germany through the city of Berlin in the ten years prior to the wall being built?
d. 1 million
e. 2 million
5. What type of government was it that people were trying to escape from?
6. What year did East Germany first build the wall?
7. True or false: East German guards in guard towers were told to shoot anyone they saw trying to escape over the wall.
8. What US President asked Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the wall?
a. Jimmy Carter
b. George Bush
c. Bill Clinton
d. Ronald Reagan
e. John F. Kennedy
9. Around what percentage of the East German population left the country prior to the wall being built?
10. What happened on October 3, 1990?
a. The wall was torn down piece by piece
b. The Soviet Union collapsed
c. Germany was officially reunited into a single country
d. The wall was rebuilt to be wider, higher, and stronger
e. West Germany attacked East Germany and declared war
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Berlin Wall page at /history/cold_war/berlin_wall.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.