Civil War - The First Battle of Bull Run
1. Which of the following statements is true about the First Battle of Bull Run?
a. It was the last major battle of the Civil War
b. It took place near the end of the Civil War
c. It was the first major battle of the Civil War
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
2. What side won the First Battle of Bull Run?
c. Neither side won
3. Which of the following generals was a Union commander at the First Battle of Bull Run?
a. Ulysses S. Grant
b. William Tecumseh Sherman
c. Joseph Hooker
d. Irvin McDowell
e. George Thomas
4. What nickname did Confederate Colonel Thomas Jackson earn during the battle?
a. Old Reliable
b. Old Rock
5. Which side had the most soldiers?
c. About the same
6. Which of the following generals was a Confederate commander at the First Battle of Bull Run?
a. J.E.B Stuart
b. Robert E. Lee
c. James Longstreet
d. John Hood
e. Joseph Johnston
7. True or False: Both sides thought that the war would be over quickly with a victory.
8. What did President Abraham Lincoln do the day after the battle?
a. He signed the Emancipation Proclamation
b. He gave the Gettysburg Address
c. He signed a bill that authorized 500,000 new Union soldiers
d. He began his reelection campaign
e. He began working on a secret weapon
9. What was the high pitched cry yelled by Confederate soldiers during the battle called?
a. Cry for Liberty
b. Remember the Alamo
c. Scream for Freedom
d. Rebel Yell
e. Southern Drawl
10. True or False: Many people from the North took picnics and watched the battle from a nearby hill.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Civil War - The First Battle of Bull Run page at /history/civil_war/first_battle_of_bull_run.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.