Ancient China - Opium Wars
1. The Opium Wars took place near the end of what Chinese dynasty?
a. Qing Dynasty
b. Song Dynasty
c. Ming Dynasty
d. Yuan Dynasty
e. Tang Dynasty
2. What nation was the main enemy of China during the Opium Wars?
b. United States
d. Great Britain
3. What was the main reason for the Opium Wars?
a. China wanted to sell opium to Great Britain
b. Great Britain wanted to sell opium to China
c. China refused to sell opium to Great Britain
d. Great Britain refused to sell opium to China
4. Who won the First Opium War?
e. Great Britain
5. True or False: China imported goods like silk and tea, but didn't export any goods.
6. What city did the British take control of after the First Opium War?
c. Hong Kong
7. Why did the French join the fighting in the Second Opium War?
a. They wanted to buy opium from China
b. They wanted China to stop selling opium
c. They were strong allies of the British
d. The Chinese executed a French missionary
e. All of the above
8. What was the name of the British pirate ship that the Chinese captured at the start of the Second Opium War?
9. Who won the Second Opium War?
b. Great Britain
c. Neither side won
10. Why did the Chinese want to stop the sale of opium?
a. Because they weren't making any money
b. Because they thought it should be free
c. Because too many people were getting addicted
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient China - Opium Wars page at /history/china/opium_wars.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.