Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. When did the Han Dynasty rule Ancient China?
a. 2000 BC to 1500 BC
b. 510 BC to 245 BC
c. 206 BC to 220 AD
d. 251 AD to 430 AD
e. 650 AD to 790 AD
2. Who was the founder and first emperor of the Han Dynasty?
a. Liu Bang
b. Kublai Khan
c. Xiang Yu
d. Zheng Heng
e. Mao Tse Tung
3. What was the organization that was founded under the Han Dynasty which ran the Chinese government for over 2000 years?
a. Feudal system
b. Civil service
d. Communal Representation
e. Hierarchical Republic
4. What famous trade route was established during the Han Dynasty?
a. The Indian Spice Route
b. The East-West Trail
c. The Middle Passage
d. The Lapis Lazuli Route
e. The Silk Road
5. What important invention allowed the Han government to stay organized and keep detailed records?
d. The quill pen
6. This group of people became rich during the Han Dynasty, however they were not respected and were forced to wear white clothes and pay high taxes.
7. True or False: The period of the Han Dynasty was a time of war and poverty for most of Ancient China.
8. What major religion first arrived in China during the Han Dynasty?
9. The Hans established many social rankings of respect. Which of the following occupations were considered fairly high ranking jobs?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
10. What dynasty came before the Han Dynasty?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Han Dynasty page at /history/china/han_dynasty.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.