Ancient Greece - Hermes
1. Hermes was the god of roads, thieves, sports, shepherds, and what else?
c. The sea
d. The sky
2. Who was Hermes married to?
e. He wasn't married
3. Which of the following was a child of Hermes?
e. He didn't have any children
4. Which of the following was a symbol of Hermes?
a. Winged Sandals
c. Bow and arrow
5. What was Hermes' Roman name?
6. What was Hermes' special skill?
e. He could shoot fire from his eyes
7. Who was Hermes' father?
8. What did Hermes give to Apollo in exchange for the cattle he stole?
a. A pair of fast sandals
b. A magical staff
c. A basket of gold
d. Three wishes
e. The lyre musical instrument
9. What was Hermes' main job?
a. To heal the sick
b. To build weapons for the other gods
c. To rule the ocean
d. Messenger of the gods
e. To rule the Underworld
10. What inventions are credited to Hermes in Greek mythology?
e. All of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Greece - Hermes page at /history/ancient_greece/hermes.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.