Questions on this quiz are based on information from
1. What Greek god was the father of Hercules?
2. Why did Hercules kill his wife and kids?
a. Because Hera made them look like snakes that were attacking him
b. Because Zeus said that he could no longer have a family
c. Because they turned evil and conspired to have him killed
d. Because he was mean
e. Because he thought he would become a full god if he killed them
3. Which was the first labor of Hercules?
a. Capture the Golden Hind
b. Clean the Augean stables in one day
c. Kill the Lernean Hydra
d. Steal the apples from the Hesperides
e. Slay the Lion of Nemea
4. Hercules was actually the name the Romans called the hero. What did the Greeks call him?
5. How did Hercules clean the Augean stables of 3,000 cows in a single day?
a. He drank a potion of speed from the god Apollo, helping him to clean really fast
b. He trained the cows to clean up after themselves
c. He built a dam so a river flowed through the stables and cleaned them out
d. He tricked the goddess Hera into cleaning the stables for him while he took a nap
e. He had the Titan Atlas shake the earth until the stables were clean
6. What goddess was always trying to trick Hercules?
7. How many labors did Hercules have to perform for King Eurystheus?
8. What job did Hercules have after he accidentally killed his music teacher?
a. Grave digger in the cemetery of the gods
b. Guardian of the underworld
c. He worked as a slave for the family of the music teachers
d. A cattle herder in the hills
e. A messenger for the gods of Mount Olympus
9. What was the last of Hercules labors?
a. Steal the Mares of Diomedes
b. Get the girdle of the Amazon queen Hippolyta
c. Capture the Bull of Crete
d. Take the cattle of the monster Geryon
e. Bring the fearsome guard dog Cerberus from the Underworld to the king
10. How did Hercules manage to steal the apples from the Hesperides?
a. He convinced their father Atlas to get the apples while Hercules held the world for him
b. He got a cloak of invisibility from the goddess Artemis and stole the apples
c. He asked nicely and the Hesperides gave him all the apples he wanted
d. He got Jason and the Argonauts to help him out. They distracted the Hesperides while Hercules took the apples
e. He did not get the apples. It was the one labor that he did not complete.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Hercules page at /history/ancient_greece/hercules.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.