Ancient Greece - Decline and Fall
1. What civilization conquered the Ancient Greeks?
2. What Greek general conquered the land between Greece and India?
c. Alexander the Great
e. Julius Caesar
3. True or False: The Greeks had a significant influence on Roman culture even after they were conquered.
4. Which of the following was a cause in the fall of Ancient Greece?
a. Constant warring between Greek city-states
b. Rebellion of the poorer classes against the wealthy
c. The Greek colonies were not strong allies of the Greeks
d. The city-states had different governments
e. All of the above
5. What happened to the Greek Empire after Alexander the Great died?
a. His son became emperor
b. His wife ruled as Queen of Greece
c. It collapsed and was conquered by the Persian Empire
d. It was divided amongst his generals
e. None of the above
6. What do historians call the period of time in Greek history after Alexander the Great died?
a. Classical Greece
b. Hellenistic Greece
c. Roman Greece
d. Greek Archaic Period
e. Modern Greece
7. Who did Greece ally with to fight against Rome?
8. At what battle did the Romans finally conquer the Greeks?
a. Battle of Corinth
b. Battle of Athens
c. Battle of Sparta
d. Battle of Thermopylae
e. Battle of Thebes
9. True or False: The city-states of Greece were united and worked together to fight off Rome.
10. What was the main language of the Eastern Roman Empire?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Greece - Decline and Fall page at /history/ancient_greece/decline_and_fall_of_ancient_greece.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.