Ancient Egyptian Pyramids
1. What was the main purpose of the Ancient Egyptian pyramids?
a. As monuments to the glory of Egypt
b. As temples to their gods
c. As meeting places for the leaders of the country
d. As burial sites for the Pharaohs
e. As something to do to keep their slaves busy
2. What Pharaoh built the first pyramid?
3. What do archeologists think the ledges in the step pyramids were for?
a. Places for people to sit and watch sporting events
b. Steps for the dead Pharaoh to use to climb to the gods
c. Places for the slaves to rest while they were building the pyramid
d. Each step or level represented a different cycle of life
e. That they were there because the architect thought they looked nice
4. What is the largest pyramid built by the Egyptians?
a. The Pyramid of Djoser
b. The Pyramid of Khafre
c. The Great Pyramid of Giza
d. The Red Pyramid of Snofru
e. The Pyramid of MenKaure
5. What specific location do all the pyramids have in common?
a. They are all built just outside of Cairo
b. They are all built on the west side of the Nile River
c. They are all built next to the Mediterranean Sea
d. They are all built on the coast of the red Sea
e. They are all built in or around the city of Memphis
6. True or false: Most of the Egyptian pyramids were built in less than a year.
7. Why did many of the pyramids have fake passages and traps?
a. To keep the Pharaoh`s spirit from leaving the pyramid and haunting the land
b. To keep evil spirits from haunting the Pharaoh
c. To keep grave robbers from stealing the treasure
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. Why is it that archeologists have not found the original treasures in many of the pyramids?
a. Because grave robbers stole them thousands of years ago
b. Because they haven`t looked hard enough
c. Because they are digging slowly in an effort to not destroy the pyramid
d. Because of all the traps and hidden passages
e. Because the treasures are a myth and never really existed
9. What geometrical shape formed the base of all the pyramids?
a. The rectangle
b. The rhombus
c. The triangle
d. The square
e. The circle
10. About how tall is the pyramid of Khufu at Giza?
a. 30 feet
b. 80 feet
c. 120 feet
d. 250 feet
e. 480 feet
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Egyptian Pyramids page at /history/ancient_egyptian_pyramids.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.