The Tomb of Tutankhamun
1. Where was Tutankhamun buried?
a. In the Giza Necropolis
b. In a giant pyramid
c. In the Temple of Abu Simbel
d. In the Valley of Kings
e. In the Temple of Luxor
2. Who was Howard Carter?
a. The man who funded the search for the tomb
b. The archeologist who discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun
c. The first man to die after entering the tomb
d. The president of the United States at the time the tomb was discovered
e. A worker at the excavation site who first spotted the gold that led to the tomb
3. How long did Howard Carter search the Valley of the Kings before he found the tomb?
a. Three months
b. One year
c. Two years
d. Six years
e. Twenty years
4. Around how many artifacts were found in the tomb?
5. What was the name of the first room that Howard Carter entered?
b. Burial chamber
e. Living room
6. Which room held the coffin and mummy of Tutankhamun?
c. Burial chamber
e. Mummy room
7. How many main rooms were there in the tomb?
8. True or false: The tomb of Tutankhamun was small for a pharaoh and was likely built for someone else.
9. Which of the following is true about the curse of the tomb?
a. Everyone who entered the tomb died within the next 5 years
b. Howard Carter died within 3 months of first entering the tomb
c. Seven major earthquakes occurred around the world when Carter first entered the tomb
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
10. In what country can most of the treasures from the tomb be found today?
a. United Kingdom
e. United States
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the The Tomb of Tutankhamun page at /history/ancient_egypt/king_tuts_tomb.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.