1. When did the Americans first capture Fort Ticonderoga from the British?
2. What was the name of the American militia that was involved in the capture of Fort Ticonderoga?
a. Sons of Liberty
b. East Coast Militia
c. Green Mountain Boys
d. Freedom Fighters
e. Vermont Strikers
3. Who was the leader of the Green Mountain Boys?
a. Benedict Arnold
b. George Washington
c. Samuel Adams
d. John Adams
e. Ethan Allen
4. What did the Americans remove from Fort Ticonderoga that later helped them to win the Siege of Boston?
a. Battering rams
5. True or False: The King of England was very excited when the British retook the fort from the Americans.
6. What British general led the Siege of Fort Ticonderoga and won the fort back for the British?
a. John Burgoyne
b. Benedict Arnold
c. Charles Cornwallis
d. Robert Boyd
e. Richard Howe
7. What role did Benedict Arnold play at Fort Ticonderoga?
a. He was the general who lost the fort to the British at the Siege of Fort Ticonderoga
b. He became a traitor and gave the fort over to the British
c. He was the British General who held the fort against the Americans in the last attack
d. He led alongside Ethan Allen in the first capture of the fort by the Americans
e. He was gunned down by Ethan Allen and his men when they found him to be a traitor
8. What was the result of the final attack on the fort by Colonel John Brown?
a. They failed to take the fort back
b. They captured 293 British troops
c. They rescued over 100 American prisoners
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
9. True or False: The Green Mountain Boys had great respect for Benedict Arnold.
10. Who was the American general who lost the fort to the British?
a. George Washington
b. Benedict Arnold
c. Horatio Gates
d. Israel Putnam
e. Arthur St. Clair
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Fort Ticonderoga page at /history/american_revolution/fort_ticonderoga.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.