Daily Life During the Revolutionary War
1. What type of hats did the women wear during the American Revolution?
a. Straw hats
b. Tricorn hats
d. Mob caps
e. Wearing hats was against the law at the time for women
2. Which rooms were typically in separate buildings from the main house?
a. Bathroom and Kitchen
b. Kitchen and bedrooms
c. Bedrooms and Bathroom
d. Family Room and Kitchen
e. Dining Room and Family Room
3. True or False: Girls typically received a lot more education than boys.
4. Where did most of the colonials get their clothes?
a. From the local store
b. From shopping malls in the big cities
c. They sewed most of their own clothes
d. Through mail-order catalogs
e. From relatives living in France
5. Which meal below would have most likely been eaten by a colonial family during the America Revolution?
d. Vegetable stew
6. Which of the following is not true about the clothing worn by the colonials?
a. The girls wore the same type of clothes as the women
b. The men wore a cotton shirt and a vest
c. Women regularly wore aprons
d. The men wore the same style of clothes as the boys
e. Women often wore long pants because it was safer when cooking
7. True or false: Most colonials only had two or three sets of clothes.
8. Which of the following was not a career during the time of the American Revolution?
c. Computer Analyst
9. What did women do to help with the war effort?
a. They worked hard manual labor on farms while the men were away
b. They helped tend to wounded and sick soldiers
c. They cooked meals and repaired uniforms
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
10. True or False: Women and children were kept far away from the fighting during the Revolutionary War.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Daily Life During the Revolutionary War page at /history/american_revolution/daily_life_during_the_revolutionary_war.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.