1. How many Americans were killed in the Boston Massacre?
2. What was the name of the latest tax that the British had imposed on the American colonies?
a. Adams Acts
b. Stamp Act
c. Sugar Act
d. Townsend Acts
e. King Street Acts
3. Who was the British officer of the watch when the shooting occurred?
a. Captain Morgan
b. Colonel John Adams
c. Captain Thomas Preston
d. Sergeant Benedict Arnold
e. General Thomas Gage
4. What year did the Boston Massacre occur?
5. What happened immediately following the incident?
a. The Americans gathered arms and attacked the British soldiers killing hundreds
b. The colonists dispersed and returned to their homes
c. The British tore through the town, destroying shops and homes
d. The Sons of Liberty boarded British ships and threw their tea into the water
e. The colonists rioted and looted, burning down much of the city
6. What happened to the soldiers who shot the colonists?
a. They were all hung for murder
b. They all returned to England without even standing trial
c. They were tarred and feathered by a colonist mob
d. They remained in jail until after the Revolutionary War
e. Six went free while two were found guilty of manslaughter
7. What famous patriot defended the British soldiers in their trial?
a. George Washington
b. John Adams
c. Thomas Paine
d. Sam Adams
e. Patrick Henry
8. Who was Crispus Attucks?
a. A runaway slave killed in the Boston Massacre
b. A private in the British army
c. The first British soldier to shoot a colonist
d. The judge in the Boston Massacre trial
e. The Captain in charge of the British soldiers
9. True or False: The colonists were throwing things at the British and daring them to fire their guns.
10. Where did the Boston Massacre occur?
b. King Street
c. In front of the Custom House
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Boston Massacre page at /history/american_revolution/boston_massacre.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.