American Revolution - Battle of Long Island
1. In what state did the Battle of Long Island take place?
d. New York
e. Rhode Island
2. Who was the main commander of the American forces?
a. Horatio Gates
b. George Washington
c. Nathanael Greene
d. Marquis de Lafayette
e. Daniel Morgan
3. Who won the Battle of Long Island?
b. United States
4. True or False: The Battle of Long Island was the largest battle of the Revolutionary War?
5. What year did the Battle of Long Island take place?
6. What city were the American soldiers trying to defend from the British?
e. New York City
7. What is another common name for the Battle of Long Island?
a. Battle of Gettysburg
b. Battle of Maryland
c. Battle of Baltimore
d. Battle of Brooklyn
e. Battle of New Orleans
8. A famous group of 400 men held off the British while the American army retreated. What state were they from?
a. New York
d. North Carolina
9. Who was the main commander for the British during the battle?
a. William Howe
b. John Burgoyne
c. Thomas Gage
d. Guy Carleton
e. Benedict Arnold
10. True or False: The Americans took back New York City a few weeks later, driving the British from New York for the remainder of the Revolutionary War.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the American Revolution - Battle of Long Island page at /history/american_revolution/battle_of_long_island.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.