American Revolution - Battle of Germantown
1. In what state did the Battle of Germantown take place?
a. New York
e. North Carolina
2. Who won the Battle of Germantown?
b. United States
c. Neither side
3. Who was the main commander of the American forces?
a. Horatio Gates
b. George Washington
c. William Howe
d. Marquis de Lafayette
e. Daniel Morgan
4. What year did the Battle of Germantown take place?
5. True or False: The American forces gained confidence from the battle because it was the first time they went on the attack.
6. How many columns were the American forces divided into?
7. From what location did a small force of British soldiers hold off Sullivan's column?
a. A small river
b. A wooden fort
c. A stone house
d. A large hill
e. A steep cliff
8. What country entered the war on the side of the United States after the Battle of Germantown?
9. True or False: The American soldiers got so confused they began to shoot at each other.
10. Why was General Adam Stephen blamed for the failed attack?
a. He led his men off course
b. He was drunk
c. He accidentally attacked his own side
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the American Revolution - Battle of Germantown page at /history/american_revolution/battle_of_germantown.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.