Ulysses S. Grant
1. Ulysses S. Grant was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was Ulysses S. Grant 's wife?
a. Lucretia Rudolph
b. Mary Todd
c. Eliza McCardle
d. Julia Dent
e. Lucy Ware Webb
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Ulysses S. Grant?
a. William Wheeler
b. Chester A. Arthur
c. Hannibal Hamlin and Andrew Johnson
d. Schuyler Colfax and Henry Wilson
4. What was Ulysses S. Grant 's nickname?
a. Unconditional Surrender
b. His Fraudulency
c. Preacher President
d. Honest Abe
e. The Veto President
5. Where was Ulysses S. Grant born?
a. North Carolina
d. New York
6. During what war did Grant become the General-in-Chief of the Union Army?
a. War of 1812
b. American Civil War
c. French Revolution
d. Mexican-American War
e. Spanish-American War
7. Where did General Robert E. Lee surrender to General Grant?
a. Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
b. Richmond, Virginia
c. Charleston, South Carolina
d. Shiloh, Tennessee
e. Appomattox Court House, Virginia
8. Which of the following did Ulysses S. Grant accomplish while President of the United States?
a. The National Parks system was established
b. The Department of Justice was created
c. The Treaty of Washington was signed with Great Britain
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
9. What major amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified while Grant was President of the United States?
10. What did Ulysses S. Grant do after he left the White House?
a. Traveled the world and visited major world leaders
b. He went back to being a general in the army
c. He became a Supreme Court Justice
d. He became a Senator for the next 20 years
e. He played a lot of golf
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ulysses S. Grant page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/ulyssessgrant.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.